At the first meeting of the new Councilors’ Convention of the BA School of Business and Finance, which took place in remote format on 23.02. 2021, the new leadership of the Councilors’ Convention has been elected. Reinis Bērziņš, Chairman of the Board of JSC “Attīstības Finanšu institūcija Altum” and a graduate of the BA School of Business and Finance, has become the Chairman of the Council of Advisors, while Ģirts Rungainis, a partner of Prudentia AS, has become the Deputy Chairman of the Convention.
At the first meeting of the Convention, the management of the BA School of Business and Finance introduced the members of the Convention to the process of updating the University Strategy for 2018-2023, accreditation of the BA School of Business and Finance as a scientific institution, as well as discusses development perspectives in the context of university reform and digital transformation opportunities.
Rector of the BA School of Business and Finance Līga Peiseniece: “The recommendations and interest provided by the members of the Council of Advisers in the growth of the University expand the perspective of our development. The BA School of Business and Finance Convention has representatives from various fields who, with their expertise and personal experience, drive the changes that we need in each new period. The university’s interaction with the business environment is crucial now in the context of our strategic development, both in assessing future challenges and in considering the opportunities provided by the digital economy. ”
Senate of the BA School of Business and Finance 26.01.2021. approved the University Councilors’ Convention for the next three years. The Councilors’ Convention is a consultative institution with 11 advisers, which promotes the development of the university in accordance with its chosen strategy for the coming years and in accordance with the trends of Latvia’s economic development and the needs of the labor market.
BA School of Business and Finance Advisors Convention 26.01.2021. has been elected in the following composition:
- Jānis Abāšins – Chairman of the Board of the Association “Latvian Motor Insurers’ Bureau”, President of the Latvian Insurers Association;
- Ģirts Rungainis – JSC “Prudentia” partner, council member;
- Reinis Bērziņš – Chairman of the Board of JSC “Development Financial Institution“Altum””;
- Sanita Bajāre – Chairman of the Board of the Financial Industry Association, Vice-Chairman of the Business at OECD Finance Committee and Vice-President of the Latvian Employers’ Confederation;
- Kristaps Zakulis – financial expert;
- Ģirts Bērziņš – Head of Digital Innovation and Strategy, JSC “Swedbank Latvija”;
- Mārtiņš Bičevskis – Member of the Board of the Latvian Venture Capital Association;
- Kārlis Danēvičs – Member of the Board of JSC “SEB banka”;
- Valdis Siksnis – Ltd. “Callidus Capital” managing partner and founder;
- Gints Āboltiņš – Head of the Latvian Association of Alternative Financial Services;
- Fredis Bikovs – Chairman of the Board of the International Business Centers Association “ABSL Latvia”.
The Council of Advisers advises the Senates and Rectors of the University on the issues of strategic development, as well as co-operates with the social partners in order to promote research-based studies at the BA School of Business and Finance.