As the epidemiological situation in Latvia is becoming worse, we should observe epidemiological safety measures and be responsible. Starting January 25th until February 28th in BA School of Busines and Finance study process is organized remotely.
According to the regulations of Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Latvia on January 18th, in order to limit the increasing of Covid-19 omicron variant, everyone in public places (transport, work, school, university, stores and other) MUST use a medical mask or a respirator without a valve with a safety level FFP2 — FFP3 or KN95.
More information: https://covid19.gov.lv/en/aktualites/medical-face-masks-or-respirators-will-be-required-public-places-changes-isolation-and
About recieving the Covid19 certificate: covid19.gov.lv/about-digital-covid-19-certificate.
About recieving vaccination:
You can apply for a vaccine against Covid-19 infection:
1. If you have a bank account registered in Latvia, on the website www.manavakcina.lv.
Residents are invited to come to vaccination locations, if a confirmation from the website manavakcina.lv regarding vaccination is received, and come to the vaccination cabinet/ centre not earlier than 15 minutes before your confirmed vaccination time.
2. If you do not have a bank account, call 8989 and make an appointment for a certain place, day and time of vaccination.
3. Go to vaccination points in shopping centres without an appointment (or you can make an appointment by calling 8989 or on the website www.manavakcina.lv
4. Contact medical institutions that ensure vaccination against COVID-19. The list of medical institutions and practices of general practitioners ensuring vaccination is available on the map.
Information on the documents that certify the person’s status:
citizen of Latvia – Passport, ID;
non-citizen of Latvia – Passport, ID;
• full-time foreign students studying in Latvia – student’s card or statement issued by a Latvian educational institution.
• foreigner, who has been granted a permanent residence permit in Latvia – permanent residence permit (card);
persons, who have been granted a temporary residence permit in Latvia – a residence document (card) with indicated type of permit “temporary residence permit”.
Before vaccination against COVID-19 infection, the person shall present a personal identity document (passport or ID) for verification of person’s identity. For any questions regarding vaccination you can call 8989!
If a foreign student arrives in the Republic of Latvia to study in person, the same above-mentioned regulations apply to him / her. After the student’s arrival in Latvia, if it is necessary in accordance with the current situation in the particular foreign country, the higher education institution informs the student about the requirement to observe self-isolation for a certain period of time.
Amendments to the Regulation of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 360, June 9th 2020: “Epidemiological security measures to limit the spread of Covid-19 infection”: vestnesis.lv/2021/159.18