How To Apply
For winter intake: please contact email@example.com
Infogram of the application procedure is available here.
Application process in 10 steps:
*Step1: Apply via: application form
*Step2: Documents that should be prepared and submitted after an invitation from BA School of Business and Finance:
- Copy of passport
- Copy of the secondary education documents*
- Copy of latest graduation documents*
- English proficiency certificate**
- 2 recommendation letters (applying for Master’s and Doctoral degree studies)
- Research proposal/ Scientific article – 10 pages (applying for a Doctoral degree studies)
*Documents – diploma, marksheets and transcript. Notary certified translation in English if original isn’t in English.
**English proficiency certificate – a certificate with a score of at least B2 level of English. We accept following certificates with minimum score mentioned in the brackets:
- IELTS – (5.5 score)
- TOEFL IBT – (72 points)
- TOEFL PBT – (513 points)
- TOEIC – (605 points)
- FCE (First Certificate in English) – (160 points)
- CAE (Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English) – (160 points)
- CPE (Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English) – (160 points)
- Cambridge English: Business Vantage (BEC Vantage) – (160 points)
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE A) – (59 points)
- Cambridge English Linguaskill – (160 points)
If you do not have an English Proficiency certificate seek for opportunities to take the test now or online like IELTS Indicator.
An alternative of an English proficiency certificate for Master and Doctoral level students can be an official letter from previous educational institution stating the student English knowledge level, if the previous studies were obtained fully in English.
Check yourself: Be aware that you do not apply with a provisional diploma instead of a diploma and make sure that you have scanned all the necessary education documents – ALL PAGES and in GOOD QUALITY!
*Step3: Pay the Registration Fee after you have received a special invoice from BA School of Business and Finance
- For EU citizens (EU, EEA citizens and Latvia residence permit holders): 100EUR
- For NON EU citizens (for citizens, based on country of residence, application and immigration procedures): 150EUR
Note: Please note that the Registration fee is non-refundable!
- Bank account details:
|BA School of Business and Finance|
|Address||K.Valdemara str. 161, LV-1013, Riga, Latvia|
|Bank||The Treasury of the Republic of Latvia|
|Details of payment||Candidate’s Name/Surname, “application fee for studies at Banku augstskola – name of the program”.|
Note: Application documents without all required attachments and application fee payment confirmation will be understood as non valid and will not be forwarded for further processing.
*Step4: Prepare yourself to a real time interview. The interview will be scheduled after there is an invitation from BA School of Business and Finance via email, that has been submitted in the application form. Please be aware that the interview will be recorded for quality check purposes.
Note: Check your camera and microphone before the interview!
*Step5: All education documents submitted to BA School of Business and Finance are sent to the Academic Information Centre for academic recognition. During academic recognition it is clarified whether the applicant is capable of continuing studies in the chosen direction and at the chosen level. To continue the admission process the conclusion needs to be positive.
Duration: This step could take up to 30 to 45 working days!
*Step6: BA School of Business and Finance issue the study agreement that needs to be signed in two languages – English and Latvian, both are needed to be sent back by the applicant to continue the admission procedure.
*Step7: BA School of Business and Finance issue 2 invoices:
- The Study invoice: The amount of the tuition fee + the Study safety deposit of 500Eur.***
- The Student residence invoice: The of the rent for the first month + the Student Residence safety deposit of 140Eur. ***
Each invoice needs to be fully paid in one payment.
***The Study safety deposit is returned if the student has successfully graduated from BA School of Business and Finance. The Student Residence safety deposit is returned when the student has returned the room in the same condition as received and warned the personnel of the Student Residence one month before leaving.
Note: The Sender should be the same person who applied for the studies!
Duration: Steps 6 and 7 could take up to 14 working days!
*Step8: all necessary documents are sent to the immigration office by BA School of Business and Finance. When the invitation number is issued by the immigration office, it will be sent to the applicant with an additional guarantee letter from BA School of Business and Finance.
*Step9: You must attend an interview at your local Latvian embassy to get a visa.
Duration: Steps 8 and 9 could take up to 30 to 60 working days depending from the embassy`s congestion.
*Step10: After visa approval, report your arrival date to BA School of Business and Finance
Note: You need to report your arrival date by sending a document that confirms the travel arrangements – a ticket, boarding pass etc.
Congratulations! Time for BA School of Business and Finance!
The formula of the total expenses of the admission procedure:
- The Registration Fee: 100Eur or 150Eur (non refundable)
- The Tuition fee: depending of chosen study programme (The duration and the tuition fee depends from your previously received educational diploma – if you have had internship – professional, if not – academic degree)
- The Study safety deposit: 500Eur (returned after successful graduation)
- The Student residence safety deposit: 140Eur (returned after successful graduation, if the room is in the same condition as received, or before leaving the hotel personnel is warned a month before)
- The Student residence invoice – the rent of the first month: minimum 85Eur to 215Eur (per month), depending from the room type and availability.
Additionally arriving in Latvia to obtain the residential permit, not more than 100Eur:
- Medical conclusion from a doctor in Latvia
Do not forget to add the living expenses and the monthly rent to the formula!
If you have any additional questions, don’t hesitate to contact the admission specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org