Recruitment of foreign academic staff
BA School of Business and Finance, registration No 90000437699, in accordance with January 9, 2018, The Cabinet of Ministers Regulation No. 25 within the framework of Project Applications Selection Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2. “To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization” within the project
No. 188.8.131.52/18/A/007 “Support to Strengthen the Capacity of Academic Staff of BA School of Business and Finance” are announcing the selection of foreign academic staff in the study direction “Management, administration and real estate”.
The objective of the Project: to increase international experience capacity of academic staff at BA School of Business and Finance in order to develop competencies for students- knowledge in business management in an international environment and skills to manage processes in an international environment and to promote the employment of foreign academic staff in the study direction “Management, administration and real estate”.
Project result: 30% of academic staff who received the support, within 6 months of the end of the support continues academic work at BA School of Business and Finance.
The schedule of the Project: until December 31, 2022.
For academic year 2019/2020 until December 1, 2019;
For academic year 2020/2021 until April 30, 2020 – the application period has been extended until July 31, 2020!
For academic year 2021/2022 until April 30, 2021.
Candidate requirements and selection criteria:
1) persons holding a Master degree or a Doctoral degree in economics or entrepreneurship;
2) persons who have been employed over the last five years in an academic position at one of accredited foreign higher education;
3) persons who have the experience in delivering study courses linked to international dimension (e.g. International Business Environment, International Human Resource Management, Innovation Management, Strategic Management, Business Management and Logistics, E-commerce, Marketing and Intercultural Communication, Organization of Business, International Law, Finance Management in International Company; Consumer Behaviour in the Global Markets);
4) persons who have excellent English language skills and knowledge (oral and written);
5) preference will be given to applicants who have job experience in an international company or consultancy experience in the company for over 5 years.
Salary up to EUR 4000.00 to 1 workload.
When applying for ESF funding, the following documents are required:
Application letter (Annex No1), CV (in the Europass form), and a copy of education document, the list of publications published over the last five years must be sent to the email address email@example.com or by post: BA School of Business and Finance, K.Valdemara street 161, Riga, Latvia, LV-1013 with the reference “For selection of foreign academic staff.”
The Committee has been set up for the selection of foreign academic staff which evaluates knowledge, experience, and competence compatibility to the chosen academic position.
The analysis and evaluation are done for the submitted documents and face- to face interviews are being conducted or remotely.
The volume of academic workload, length of contract, remuneration, lecture time schedule is being agreed with the most appropriate applicant.
Within the scope of the project, Latvian language training will be ensured for foreign academic staff.
The contract will be signed for at least 6 months.
Based on the Personal data protection law, the first part of section 8, BA School of Business and Finance informs that the personal data indicated in the application document will be processed in order to ensure the conduct of this selection process and the above-mentioned personal data processing manager is BA School of Business and Finance.