BA School of Business and Finance registration form for room rental needs to be filed and send to Mrs Tamāra Pavlovska.
The hostel is located in the building of the BA School of Business and Finance (7th – 10th floor), address: K. Valdemara Street 161, which practically means that you are only a few floors away from your classes and other study activities in the School. It is very easy to travel to Riga centre (10-15 minutes), good transport connections – Trolleybus No 3 (a bus with antennas), Buses No 11 (bus stop Ierednu street) and 24 (bus stop Upes street), Tram No 11, and also several minibuses.
The hotel premises are undergoing intensified cleaning and disinfection during this time. Floors, walls, equipment and contact surfaces are washed and disinfected.
Nearby there are supermarkets RIMI, big shopping mall SKY&MORE, sport and entertainment hall “ARĒNA RĪGA” (15 minutes’ walk from the School), City Zoo and famous rest area called MEŽAPARKS (15 minutes by tram, 10 minutes by car).
The price list of the BA School of Business and Finance Hotel will be changed in the near future. The changes envisage the introduction of a three-tier pricing system, depending on the term of the concluded contract. The agreements concluded so far and the room fee included in them will not be changed. However, in case of termination of the agreement and further conclusion of a new agreement for living in a hotel of the BA School of Business and Finance, the new payment conditions will be applied in the Agreement, where the rent will be increased in case of a reduced rental period.
In connection with the introduction of distance learning, hotel tenants are offered the opportunity to book a room without breaking the contract, in order to maintain the payment conditions included in the contract and for the reservation period, leaving their personal belongings in it.
Hotel room reservation information:
- When booking rooms, 20% of the monthly rent for the specific room is applied.
- In order to receive an opportunity to reserve a room, the tenant must write an application to the Director of Infrastructure from the e-mail of the Banking Institution of Higher Education to e-mail: email@example.com, indicating:
- name, surname;
- hotel room number;
- reservations in the months of the desired period;
- reason for booking.
- The maximum reservation period, if the external legal framework will not be changed, is set until 31.12.2020.
- Obligations of the tenant who received this reservation:
- hand over the hotel room keys;
- not allowed in the hotel;
- to inform the hotel administrator Tamara Pavlovska about the need to enter the hotel room to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org in order to coordinate the time.
In order to better ensure the distance learning process at our university, it is possible to temporarily transfer hotel tenants who are students of the Banking University to rooms where they live one by one, maintaining the previous payment conditions. In total, such an opportunity could be offered to about ten students of the BA School of Business and Finance who live in a hotel. You can apply to the hotel administrator Tamara Pavlovska.
Most incoming students like staying in the students’ hostel because it offers many advantages such as:
- Two-bed, tree-bed and four-bed rooms with shower and sanitary facilities for very reasonable prices (rooms are organized in block system).
- The blocks have shower rooms and toilet facilities.
- All rooms are furnished (single beds, closets, bedside tables, shelves, chairs, table, mirrors)
- A fridge in each block or room
- Common room with table games and TV.
- Shared kitchen equipped with electric stoves, microwave, kitchen shelves, table, sinks
- Canteen in the 1st floor
- Gym in 2nd floor (for free)
- Wireless internet connection
- Laundry and drying
- Classes are held in the same building
- Library and reading rooms equipped with computers
The Prices of BA School of Business and Finance Student Hostel
Price ranges from €80 (number of rooms for this price is limited) to €214 per person for one month. Prices may vary depending on the room’s type and condition (when the room was repaired, size of the room, number of beds and some additional conveniences). The price includes monthly payments for electricity, heating, hot/cold water, TV cable, as well as linen and wireless internet connection. Students also will be charged a deposit payment – €70 (for EU citizens) and €140 (for citizens out of EU)
The full price list in details (In force from 11.08.2020.)
No self- isolation period available at Student Hostel.
Prices for additional services:
Laundry and Drying: (payments made online)
Iron with ironing-board: free of charge
Other practical information
1. All payments can be made online – at the reception or trough the internet. (No payments in cash!)
2. Linen has been changed once in a week (8th floor). There is a schedule on the information desk in each floor
3. Accommodation payment for the next month has to be made by the date 15th of the current month.
4. Payment for September and October has to be made till September 15th.
5. The Student hostel safety deposit (paid in the admission procedure) will be reimbursed within one month, if you have warned the Student hostel staff about your departure one month in advance and if there are no damages made.
Mrs Tamara Pavlovska
Telephone: +371 67387324