EU, EEA and Switzerland
A citizen of a member state of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), or Switzerland may enter the Republic of Latvia without visa and stay for 90 days within a 6 months period.
A Registration Card is required if your duration of stay exceeds 90 days within a 6 months period. Documents for Registration Card should be submitted to The Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (OCMA) minimum 1 month prior termination of your 90 days visa-free period.
To obtain a Registration Card you need to submit to the regional OCMA the following documents:
– An official application form. Download -> HERE
– One photo 3x 4cm;
– A valid travel document recognized in the Republic of Latvia (ID card or passport);
– A European Health Insurance card;
– Letter of acceptance/ Learning agreement (provided by SBF);
– Documents confirming that you have acquired the necessary education to start the studies (for full degree students only).
Two weeks after submitting all the documents, your Registration Card will be ready.