Countries – visa required
If you are a citizen of a country NOT mentioned in the List of countries
You require a visa to enter the Republic of Latvia and a residence permit if your stay in the Republic of Latvia will exceed 90 days within a 6-month period.
BA School of Business and Finance (SBF) will submit documents for Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) on befalf of student to the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs (OCMA).
After you have been accepted for studies at SBF, you will receive a Study agreement for signing. Then you should send the following documents to International study department:
- An official application form for a residence permit: Download -> HERE
- One photo 3x 4cm;
- Document guaranteeing accommodation in Republic of Latvia (rental agreement or SBF letter confirming your stay at SBF Student Hostel);
- Document issued by the bank regarding state of applicant’s bank account or document issued by the bank regarding state of another person’s account with remark that the applicant has the right to operate the account. The document should certify the minimum subsistence 288 EUR per month – in total 3450 EUR for the first study year;
- Copy of passport (identification pages and all the pages containing information about visas that have already been issued). Please note that the passport must be valid at least 3 months longer than your planned residence permit term;
- Study agreement (provided by SBF);
- Legalized documents confirming that you have acquired the necessary education (Diploma) to start the studies at SBF;
- Criminal Record issued by a respective institution in your home country. If you have lived outside your home country for the last 12 months or more, you have to get the criminal records from this residence country;
- A proof of study fee payment.
- A document confirming the state duty payment: http://www.pmlp.gov.lv/en/pakalpojumi/pricelist/residence_permit_fees_old.html
If a residence permit issuance has been confirmed by the OCMA, you should obtain an entrance visa at a Latvian Embassy. Please consult a respective consular mission on required documents for submission.
Documents verifying your financial situation and notices issued by the State Revenue Agency are valid for three months since the date of issue; other documents, notices and letters, except for documents issued by the General Register Office, courts, archives or educational establishments, are valid for six months since the date of issue.