Countries – visa not required
If you are a citizen of one of the countries: List of countries
You may enter the Republic of Latvia without a visa and reside for 90 days within a 6 months period. If duration of your stay will exceed 90 days, you will need a residence permit.
Before the submission of the documents for a residence permit, within a month after your arrival, BA School of Business and Fiance (SBF) will approve an invitation at the Office of Citizenship and Migration Affairs Foreigners Service Centre (OCMA).
After the call has been confirmed, you should submit the following documents to the OCMA by presenting a valid travel document:
- An official application form for a residence permi. Download -> HERE
- One photo 3x 4cm;
- Document guaranteeing accommodation in Republic of Latvia (rental agreement or SBF letter confirming your stay at SBF Student Hostel);
- Document issued by the bank regarding state of applicant’s bank account or document issued by the bank regarding state of another person’s account with remark that the applicant has the right to operate the account. The document should certify the minimum subsistence 288 EUR per month – in total 3450 EUR for the first study year.
- Copy of passport (identification pages and all the pages containing information about visas that have already been issued). Please note that the passport must be valid at least 3 months longer than your planned residence permit term
- Study agreement (provided by SBF);
- Legalized documents confirming that you have acquired the necessary education (Diploma) to start the studies at SBF.
- A document confirming the state duty payment : http://www.pmlp.gov.lv/en/pakalpojumi/pricelist/residence_permit_fees_old.html